Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and I am very sad. My heart is aching and the tears want to flow. I love the Christmas season, but my grief keeps holding me back. I know that something is not quite right and that something is that JD is not here to enjoy Christmas with his family.

This would have been JD's 4th Christmas and I'm sure he would have been excited for Santa to come and visit. Both Triston and Connor have not ever been fond of sitting on Santa's lap, so I wonder if JD would have been the same.

There's not much to say, so I'll post this poem that brings a little bit of comfort to my saddened heart.

I see the countless Christmas trees
Around the world below,
With tiny lights like heaven's stars
Reflecting in the snow.
The sight is so spectacular
please wipe away that tear
for I am spending CHRISTMAS
WITH JESUS CHRIST this year.
I hear the many Christmas songs
that people hold so dear
but the sound of music can't compare
with the CHRISTMAS CHOIR up here.
I have no words to tell you
of the JOY their voices bring
for it is beyond description
to HEAR THE ANGELS SING.

I know how much you miss me,
I see the pain inside your heart
for I am spending CHRISTMAS
WITH JESUS CHRIST this year.
I can't tell you of the SPLENDOR
or the PEACE here in this place
Can you just imagine CHRISTMAS
WITH OUR SAVIOR face to face
I'll ask him to lift your spirit
as I tell him of your love
so then PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER
as you lift your eyes above.
Please let your hearts be joyful
and let your spirit sing
for I am spending CHRISTMAS IN HEAVEN
and I’m walking WITH THE KING.
-Wanda Bencke

5 comments:

  1. I know JD will be with you this Christmas. I'm sure he misses you just as much as you miss him and someday you will get to spend an eternity of Christmases together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, and my heart will be with you and all of our angel parents throughout the holidays. It never gets easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shari,
    You are an angle sent from heaven to remind me how very lucky I am to be blessed with such a great family and sweet sister in law. I wish I could take all the pain away for you, JD still brings tears to my eyes, and I do believe you will be with him someday. Thank you for sharing that beautiful poem. You are such a beautiful person Shari.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shari,

    I just barely read your blog (I'm so good at checking blogs sometimes). Sorry. Gosh, that's where you were that day. I just remember you saying sorry you couldn't make it. I totally understand why you wouldn't want to come. And I want you to know that I am here any time you need to talk. Just call.

    Love you!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete