Thursday, March 26, 2009

JD's First Birthday

JD's due date was April17th and Triston's due date was April14th. When I found that out I was pretty upset. I was very scared about having such close due dates and the whole time I was pregnant with Triston, I worried and stressed about when he would be born. My doctor told me I could be induced up to 4 weeks early, but I could not decide if I wanted Triston born before JD's first birthday or after. The only thing I did know is that I didn't want the same birthdate and I didn't even want to be near the hospital on JD's birthday. As JD's birthday got closer and the more pregnant I became, I decided it was more important to have Triston in my arms so I could see that he was OK. I was an emotional wreck the entire pregnancy and it needed to end, so my doctor induced me 3 weeks early and Triston was born on March 20, 2007. So, for JD's first birthday, Triston was 7 days old. We had a small party at our house. Mom and Trent had been with us for Triston's birth, so Mom made a cake. Dusty, Cherie and Jared Lane came and so did Josh's sisters Dana and her family and Lisa and her kids. Although it was small, it meant a lot to me to be able to do something for JD on his birthday. So, we had cake and let balloons go up to heaven for JD.
Just a few weeks before JD's birthday, Josh's favorite dog Gabe died. So, I like to think that Gabe went to heaven for JD's bithday present and JD in turn gave us Triston. My arms were no longer empty because I had Triston, but my heart will still always ache for JD.
Josh, Shari and 7 day old Triston with the balloons and birthday cake.
I don't know why this picture is so bad but it is of Grandma Packer and Grandpa and Grandma Lane and Uncle Jared and Josh, Shari and Triston.
Aunt Lisa and cousins Brittany and Brookelle.
Aunt Dana and cousin Maizy.

No comments:

Post a Comment